Quick 'n Easy Web Builder 1.5 is a major new update. With more than 25 new features and other improvements. This is a free update for all registered users of version 1.x!
- Fixed: Invalid encoding of alt/title in navigation bar.
- Improved: Smarter memory management. Reduces the overall memory usage (by unloading images and other assets when they not needed anymore) and preventing potential 'out-of-memory' errors.
- Improved: FTP Publishing is faster and supports multi-level folders.
- Improved: Line spacing now works for larger paragraphs.
- Improved: Most styles attributes are now separated from the code (moved from inline style to page style sheet).
- Improved: It's now possible to use multiple News Feed Ticker objects on the same page.
- Improved: Image, Slideshow, Roll Over Image, Media Player and Flash now support remote filenames (http:\\)
- Improved: Upgraded to jQuery 1.7.2
- Improved: All jQuery plugins have been minified (wb.slideshow.js, wb.validation.js, wb.stickylayer.js, wb.newsviewer.js)
- New feature: Added support for HTML5 events (HTML5 must be selected as the doctype!)
generic events: ondrag, ondragend, ondragenter, ondragleave, ondragover, ondragstart, ondrop, onmousewheel, onscroll
form events: oncontextmenu, onformchange, onforminput, oninput, oninvalid
page events: onafterprint, onbeforeprint, onbeforeonload, onerror, onhaschange, onmessage, onoffline, ononline, onpagehide, onpageshow, onpopstate, onredo, onresize, onstorage, onundo
- New feature: Added support for media (HTML5) events: onerror, onloadeddata, onloadedmetadata, onloadstart, onpause, onplay, onplaying, onprogress, onvolumechange etc..
- New feature: Added option 'Display more, non web-safe fonts' in font selector (only if 'display web safe fonts' only is enabled)
- New feature: Added gradients background fill mode to: editbox, textarea, combobox, button, form, layer, marquee, text
- New feature: Added CSS3 box-shadow to: editbox, textarea, combobox, button, form, layer, inline frame
- New feature: Added CSS3 border-radius to: editbox, textarea, combobox, button, form, layer, inline frame, marquee, text
- New feature: Added 'Use CSS3 gradients instead of images when possible' option (in Preferences).
- New Feature: Added 'opacity' property to many objects (CSS3)
- New feature: Added date formatting option: yy/mm/dd, d mm yy hh:nn:ss etc. to News Feed Ticker.
- New feature: Added sort ascending/descending option to News Feed Ticker to change order of the items.
- New feature: Added slide up. slide down, slide left, slide right and fade animations to 'Slideshow' mode in News Feed Ticker.
- New feature: Added new 'Ticker' viewer type to News Feed Ticker. Uses cool ticker-like animations to fade and slide items into view.
- New feature: Added 'Alignment' property to EditBox and TextArea.
- New feature: Added 'Place holder' property (HTML5 only) to EditBox. The place holder text is displayed in the input field when it is empty, and disappears when the field gets focus.
- New feature: Added 'Auto complete' property (HTML5 only) to EditBox. The autocomplete attribute specifies whether or not the input field should have autocomplete enabled.
- New feature: Added support for new input types to EditBox: color, date, datetime, datetime-local, email, month, number, range, search, tel, time, url, week (HTML5 only).
- New feature: Added 'CC' and "BCC' options to form.
- New feature: Added 'target' property to form.
- New feature: Added 'Maximum filesize' option to File Upload (form processor).
- New feature: Added the ability to write form data to a (csv) file.
- New Feature: Added 'state-of-the-art' form validation to editbox, textarea, combobox, checkbox. fileupload! Supports Messagebox, Info balloons (real-time) and HTML5 validation!
- New Feature: Field match validation, checks if the values of two fields are identical (editbox).
- New feature: Added the ability to store form data in a MySQL database.
- New feature: Added 'Auto responder' option to form processor. Sends a message to the user after the forms has been submitted.
- New feature: Added support for Web Storage (HTML5) so you can store field values between sessions or/and pages. Enable this option and web builder will automatically store and retrieve all values for you!
Please keep in mind that not all HTML5/CSS3 features work in all browsers yet. Internet Explorer in particular...
You can download version 1.5 here:
Mac App Store users should get an update notification within a few days.