CaniVIZ 3D viewer Web site

You can use this section of the forum to show your website created with Quick 'n Easy Web Builder to other users and invite feedback.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE YOU POST or your post may be deleted!

This forum is for users to display their websites created with Quick 'n Easy Web Builder.

Please do not:
1) Ask any Quick 'n Easy Web Builder help or support related questions here.
2) Promote your website on somebody elses thread.
3) Start more than one thread about your site.
4) Say anything negative or mean about somebody's site. Constructive criticism is great and encouraged, but being deliberately nasty will not be tolerated.
5) Post any site that is not created with Quick 'n Easy Web Builder.
gdw06

CaniVIZ 3D viewer Web site

Post by gdw06 » Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:13 am

Here is our new Web site at http://www.caniviz.com that use Quick 'n Easy Web Builder in replacement of iWeb. In a few words, CaniVIZ is a 3D viewer for Widnows, Mac, Linux and Web.

We have tried to define a Web site where the width follows the browser windows. In addition, a large part of the Web site integrate PHP pages, mainly in the store and the collaborative 3D workshops.

We have found Quick 'n Easy Web Builder very ... easy (;-) to use, very versatile and adaptable to our needs.

mexman

Re: CaniVIZ 3D viewer Web site

Post by mexman » Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:34 am

Hi gdw,

1. Why did you use: <meta name="revisit-after" content="31 Days"> ?
2. Generally Y am blocking sites with google-stats inside.
3. Dont use different letter fonts......look ugly.
4. The slide show is not working properly...I guess the single slides are too big for easy seeing online
5. I would rather see the black surface as a background (see the upper part where you located the slide show) so it would be nicer to see it as a background as well where the text is.......you understand? Actually it looks like a white BELT where the text is shown..... better give it a black frame as well.
6. Do not use BLACK, better some very (!) dark grey.
7. The slides look like not being the right height/width ratio.

Rehards
Michael

gdw06

Post by gdw06 » Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:12 pm

Hello mexman,

I have not seen your reply/comment until today! However, thank you for your review...

1. Why did you use: <meta name="revisit-after" content="31 Days"> ?
I think I have set that in order to improve the cache management...

2. Generally Y am blocking sites with google-stats inside.
But where can I put the google stat?

3. Dont use different letter fonts......look ugly.
Where do you find different fonts? in the main page?

4. The slide show is not working properly...I guess the single slides are too big for easy seeing online
The slide show is now an iframe that use our own slide show... It is better for out management bacause the images just have to be uploaded in a workshop (in caniviz.com) to be displayed...

5. I would rather see the black surface as a background (see the upper part where you located the slide show) so it would be nicer to see it as a background as well where the text is.......you understand? Actually it looks like a white BELT where the text is shown..... better give it a black frame as well.
Sorry, I don't understand... The background color of the container page in Q&EWB has been set to black...

6. Do not use BLACK, better some very (!) dark grey.
Yes, I could try a dark gray...

7. The slides look like not being the right height/width ratio.

I have a question: the Web site is very vary badly referenced by Google since i use Q&EWB... I have seen that for the English home page, google knows only the meta description of the page, and it is unable to see the text inside... I have seen that Q&EWD use <div> instead of <p> for the paragraphs... Do you have experienced such bad referencing?

thank you for your comment

gdw

mexman

Post by mexman » Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:58 pm

>2. Generally Y am blocking sites with google-stats inside.
But where can I put the google stat?<

I absolutely reject ("Snowdon" ;-) data collection I have no contol for. Dont want/need Google Stats.

>3. Dont use different letter fonts......look ugly.
Where do you find different fonts? in the main page?<

Muchbetter now.

>4. The slide show is not working properly...I guess the single slides are too big for easy seeing online
The slide show is now an iframe that use our own slide show... It is better for out management bacause the images just have to be uploaded in a workshop (in caniviz.com) to be displayed...<

Did not check that now.

>5. I would rather see the black surface as a background (see the upper part where you located the slide show) so it would be nicer to see it as a background as well where the text is.......you understand? Actually it looks like a white BELT where the text is shown..... better give it a black frame as well.
Sorry, I don't understand... The background color of the container page in Q&EWB has been set to black...<

Much better now.

>7. The slides look like not being the right height/width ratio.<

Still they look very wide and low here.

>I have a question: the Web site is very vary badly referenced by Google since i use Q&EWB... I have seen that for the English home page, google knows only the meta description of the page, and it is unable to see the text inside...<

You did not use ROBOT statement. Lear about it.

Regards
Michael

psari98

Post by psari98 » Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:24 pm

Site looks great!

How did you create the responsive layer toward the bottom of the site? Did you use the Jquery masonry extension?

Thanks
-Mike

gdw06

Post by gdw06 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:31 pm

Witch one? If this the one with the twitter and co links, this is a html block...

My wish was to create a site with a variable width... For that I used the layer of Q&EWB and the generated are post processed by PHP and a regular expression is used to replace the width value by 100%:

$preg_replace_src[] =
'&<div id="container_place_holder" style="(.*)width:(.*);+height:(.*)>&';

$preg_replace_dst[] =
'<div id="container_place_holder" style="$1width:100%;height:$3>';

Indeed, it could be nice to be able to generate this 100% in Q&EWB directly...
gdw