and yet another responsive site!

You can use this section of the forum to show your website created with Quick 'n Easy Web Builder to other users and invite feedback.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE YOU POST or your post may be deleted!

This forum is for users to display their websites created with Quick 'n Easy Web Builder.

Please do not:
1) Ask any Quick 'n Easy Web Builder help or support related questions here.
2) Promote your website on somebody elses thread.
3) Start more than one thread about your site.
4) Say anything negative or mean about somebody's site. Constructive criticism is great and encouraged, but being deliberately nasty will not be tolerated.
5) Post any site that is not created with Quick 'n Easy Web Builder.
johnvanhulst

and yet another responsive site!

Post by johnvanhulst »

http://harryniehof.nl. Harry is a musician, who sings in his local district (the Groningen province) language. He also plays guitar very well and writes all of his songs himself. Long ago (in 1975-1985) I played with him in a R&R cover band called 'The Dead Rabbits' (I still have to redo their website with Q&E) and yes, I still make music in which he sometimes participates (http://jjband.nl).

In this website I make use of iFrames extensivily.

1: the banner at the top of the homepage is a javascript slideshow in an iFrame.
2: The 'Agenda' page uses the Q&E Newswriter extension in an iFrame. Why, you maybe ask. The Q&E newswiter extension is a php script which is responsive in itself (width:100% everywhere inside the script), but the way the extension is implemented within Q&E is NOT responsive. I found an iFrame workaround. I place the extension somewhere on a page, give it some fixed width and height, publish the site and upload this to my webserver. There it is shown as a normal php file (i.e. http://www.yoursite.com/newswriter.php). Then I DELETE the extension from the design and place the php file hard-linked (i.e. the full path to the file) in an iFrame instead. This iFrame then gets a width and height according to the breakpoints I use for that page. Et voila... This has the additional advantage that the script is shown in a normal way (because of the full path link) when you preview the page, instead of the error-garbage Q&E would produce... Of course you can use this trick for any Q&E (PHP) extension...
3: The music on the 'CD's' page has been generated by another dedicated player software and the result, after being uploaded of course, is shown in an iFrame.
4: The contact form on the 'contact' page is a php script inside (yes after being uploaded :roll: ) an iFrame.

You might wonder why I use iFrames this much. Well, sometimes I need to as a workaround (the newswriter extension) and sometimes because I like the results of other software more than the Q&E extensions/built-in tools.

And by the way, I use a default of 920 pixels on this site, with 3 breakpoints: 768, 450 and 320.

Wow, what a long story! I hope you find it useful and 8)
filmphotog

Re: and yet another responsive site!

Post by filmphotog »

It's a great website! I actually like the use of iFrames, the main content is displayed very fast while the iFrame content can be delayed. This makes a better user experience.