Impossible to get permissions for file' error

Issues related to previewing and publishing your web site.
joseash

Impossible to get permissions for file' error

Post by joseash » Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:01 am

I do not know why of recent every page that I create and preview results in an error Impossible to get permissions for file'
- The file remains in the same directory as it was created - but the error indicates that the file is missing? Error2 - No such file or directory…..
What solution do you have or recommendation do you have?
thank you

Pablo
Site Admin

Re: Impossible to get permissions for file' error

Post by Pablo » Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:07 am

Which version of the software do you use?
Which platform are you using the software on?
What did you do before this started to happen?
Did you run a system or hard disk check to make sure the file permnssion are not corrupt?
Or maybe your temporary system folder (which is used to generate the preview) is full?

uffex

Post by uffex » Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:44 pm

Good day Joeseash
I also have the same issue did you find a resolution (Latest version of software no updates availible Linux Zorin - platform)
Kind regards
Uffex

Pablo
Site Admin

Post by Pablo » Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:19 pm

Which version of the software do you use?
Which platform are you using the software on?
What did you do before this started to happen?
Did you run a system or hard disk check to make sure the file permission are not corrupt?
Or maybe your temporary system folder (which is used to generate the preview) is full?

terencewright

Post by terencewright » Sun Feb 15, 2015 5:09 pm

I am having the same problem! I have version 2.3.5 downloaded from the Mac App Store.
I have followed all the advice for Sandboxing but since I do not have an older version there is nothing to copy etc.
My <username>/Documents folder is being used as my Sandbox folder and the check box automatically manages images and other files in my project is checked.

However when I save a file using the Save icon I get the following message:-

17:07:30: Impossible to get permissions for file '/Applications/#004D57' (error 2: No such file or directory)
17:07:30: Impossible to get permissions for file '/Applications/#004D57' (error 2: No such file or directory)

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Pablo
Site Admin

Post by Pablo » Sun Feb 15, 2015 5:32 pm

It looks like you are trying to access a folder that is not accessible for the software.
Sandboxed software cannot access the application folder (due to Apple restrictions).

Please remove all references to this folder from your project or use the non-sandboxes version which does not have Apple restrictions.

Note that is nothing I can do to prevent these kind of errors. Either I have to confirm to Apple's restrictions or otherwise they do not allow the software in the App Store.
But normally all your files should be in the documents folder.

terencewright

Post by terencewright » Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:36 am

Thanks for your response...

I have now installed the non-sandboxed version on my Mac having obtained a key from Pablo and installed the very latest version 2.3.6 on my iMac running OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, however I am still getting an error when I save a changed file in my project !

10:27:58: Impossible to get permissions for file '/Applications/#004D57' (error 2: No such file or directory)
10:27:58: Impossible to get permissions for file '/Applications/#004D57' (error 2: No such file or directory)

Since I am not restricted to a sandbox I feel that there must be a problem here. I have the very latest version built yesterday version 2.3.6

Please advise.

terencewright

Post by terencewright » Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:12 am

I started a completely new project using the latest version and I can now save files etc.
Clearly there must be some legacy from my development of a project initially by using the trial version, downloading the Mac version from the App Store and then downloading and using the non-sandboxed version.
It seems that the projects are not transferable for some reason. Anyway I guess I must start my project again!

Pablo
Site Admin

Post by Pablo » Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:10 pm

Can you please share your project so I can see why it's trying to access this folder/file /Applications/#004D57?
You must have added this file/folder to your project somehow.
Did you try the Asset Manager to find out which object is using the file/folder?

terencewright

Post by terencewright » Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:03 pm

I only have a backup version of the .qwb file in the zip attached. I am not sure if that is what you need.

terencewright

Post by terencewright » Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:06 pm

support wrote:Can you please share your project so I can see why it's trying to access this folder/file /Applications/#004D57?
You must have added this file/folder to your project somehow.
Did you try the Asset Manager to find out which object is using the file/folder?

If I did add the file then it was not intentional and no I did not use the Asset Manager :-(

Pablo
Site Admin

Post by Pablo » Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:12 am

If you look in the Asset Manager you can see that multiple objects are referring to the invalid file name.
All these objects seem to be layers.

1) Select the layer
2) Set the background mode to 'Image'
3) Remove the invalid path
4) Set the background mode back to Gradient.
Do this for all layers with the invalid reference.

terencewright

!

Post by terencewright » Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:15 pm

support wrote:If you look in the Asset Manager you can see that multiple objects are referring to the invalid file name.

1) Select the layer

Many thanks for your help, that clearly solved the problem. I am not sure how that path ever got in a layer because I cannot imagine anyone dreaming up such a path ! You have been very helpful, support Rocks :-)

mexman

Post by mexman » Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:27 am

support wrote:If you look in the Asset Manager you can see that multiple objects are referring to the invalid file name.

1) Select the layer

;-)

Remember? That was an issue for me as well and maybe it would be nice and helpful if the software could address that issue of "related but unrelated" objects better ;-)

Regards
Michael

grizzoir

Post by grizzoir » Sat May 21, 2016 8:59 am

Hi, am getting the following message 09:28:11: Impossible to get permissions for file '/Users/adamfoster/Desktop/Copy%20of%202009%20Valleys%20Scores%20-%20Valleys%2013%20Berwick,%20Muirfield.htm' (error 2: No such file or directory)

this file is not embedded in the sheet, I have tried adding it in to the page , I have tried not publishing that page , I have tried deleting where that file may have been completely. Same message, it previews ok with the error message but won't publish. Any one have a suggestion ? I did read something about asset manager on here but don't know how to open that ?! thanks Adam

this is the publishing error
*** START OF PUBLISH ***
Scanning publish folder...
Found 109 file(s).
Initializing FTP connection...
Connecting to ftp.thevalleys.hostingsiteforfree.com...
Using PASV mode.
FTP connection error:
General exception!
Removing temporary files...
Publish failed!
*** END OF PUBLISH ***