Internet Explorer Issues

Issues related to previewing and publishing your web site.
Samwise

Internet Explorer Issues

Post by Samwise » Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:47 am

Hi,

I have built several websites using this software and have never had an issue with publishing before, however my latest project is posing a problem. When I publish the site to my temporary server everything works fine when displayed in Chrome or Firefox, however slideshows, galleries and other interactive features do not work when displayed on internet explorer. Instead they seem to respond as normal photos.

I have removed all of these from the site, cleared the server and then recreated the content from scratch, and have also since tried to upload a new website with slideshow and carousel content and neither work on internet explorer.

I have tried running the site in compatibility mode for the older versions of IE however this makes no difference. The current website address is www.cslsample.netne.net if anyone wants to take a look. Once the site is complete it will be moved to our main server at a new web address and this host is only used for testing ( I have not had any issues like this before on the same host).

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Pablo
Site Admin

Re: Internet Explorer Issues

Post by Pablo » Tue Dec 08, 2015 11:44 am

Your page does not have a document type defined. So IE will displayed your website in 'quirks mode'. This means it will not support any modern features.
And you have also selected 'jquery 2' which does not support older versions of IE (including quirks mode)!

- set the document type to 'HTML5'
- set the character set set to 'utf8'
- select jquery 1.11 if you want to support IE.

Tip: do not change anything unless you know what you are doing.

Samwise

Post by Samwise » Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:34 pm

Hi,

Thanks for coming back to me so quickly.

I have altered the settings as per your recommendation however the problem is still the same (the settings were set as the default settings until this issue arose, then they were altered to try and resolve the issue myself prior to contacting you).

Can you please take another look and give me your advice.

Thanks again.

Pablo
Site Admin

Post by Pablo » Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:22 pm

Your host adds code (with an older version of jQuery) that causes a conflict with the built-in (newer) version of jQuery.
This is not an issue of the software, but of the host!