Do templates automatically incorporate breakpoints for RWD?

Issues related to previewing and publishing your web site.
rlbarber

Do templates automatically incorporate breakpoints for RWD?

Post by rlbarber » Wed May 11, 2016 1:39 am

Hi,

If I use a template, instead of building my new site from scratch, is it going to automatically incorporate breakpoints for rwd and automatically display nicely across desktop monitors, tablets and phones?

I've built two sites using Quickandeasywebbuilder, but I'm getting tired of ploughing through the info on breakpoints and rwd. Am almost ready to give up and move over to wordpress... :(

Thanks for any input and advice!

Richard

Pablo
Site Admin

Re: Do templates automatically incorporate breakpoints for R

Post by Pablo » Wed May 11, 2016 6:14 am

No, breakpoints are not automatically included.

But what is the exact problem with implementing breakpoints?

rlbarber

Post by rlbarber » Thu May 12, 2016 11:27 am

The problem, I suppose, is two-fold. First is that time is a factor. I don't want to have to do it because - like many people - I've got too much on my plate. RWD seems to be an included feature more and more these days with platforms like, for example, Wordpress....

Second, I've tried following the explanations in the info, but when I try and incorporate it into my site, the size of the ruled area doesn't seem to match my content. Maybe I should play around with it a bit more. Thanks!

Pablo
Site Admin

Post by Pablo » Thu May 12, 2016 3:06 pm

There is no way to automatically adjust the layout based on the screen size, because how would the software know which objects you want to be smaller or which ones to hide?
The reason why this is 'easier' in WordPress is because it uses predefined layouts.
The whole idea behind Quick 'n Easy Web Builder is that you have full control over the layout. You can place objects anywhere you want. This is not possible with Wordpress because it's a complete different type of tool.

rlbarber

Post by rlbarber » Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:33 am

OK. I've been incorporating breakpoints. But I'm still getting garbled stuff on my site when I check it on my mobile. I get chunks of my site displaying as well as chunks of other sites. Not sure what I'm doing wrong.

I'd attach screenshots, but this forum only allows 256kb photos. A simple screenshot is double that!

Pablo
Site Admin

Post by Pablo » Sun Jun 26, 2016 3:19 pm

You can share screenshots by using an external image sharing service. Unfortunately my web space is limited so I cannot allow large files to be uploaded.

Please share your project file so I can see what you have done and I can try to help you.

The key to successfully implementing your first responsive web layout is to take it slowly, step by step.
First start with one or a few objects. If that does not work then you can ask for help before you continue so I can point you in the right direction.

Quick 'n Easy Web Builder has all the tools to create response (and flexible/fluid) layouts, but in the end you will have to do it yourself.