wavebroadband and opera

Issues related to forms.
DonHill

wavebroadband and opera

Post by DonHill » Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:24 am

Are there any issues with using Opera?

I have a personal website on WaveBroadband. They offer no support. They say to load files with FTP but no connection happens at
FTP://wavecable.com. QNE built in FTP also fails to upload. Filezilla also does not connect.

Through my wavebroadband email there is a way offered to upload one file at a time to the website. http://home.wavecable.com~ldd
This I have done and the website works. Except for forms. I purchased an account with mailmyforms. The QNE form for mailmyforms does not work. I edited the code per mmf directions and get the message that the site did not receive the files.

Can anyone figure this out?

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">
<html>
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1">
<title>comments1</title>
<meta name="generator" content="Quick and Easy Web Builder - http://www.quickandeasywebbuilder.com">
<link href="Light_Dispells_Darkness3.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">
<link href="comments1.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">
</head>

<body
<div id="wb_mailmyform_form" style="position:absolute;left:238px;top:211px;width:404px;height:285px;z-index:11;">

........ "Action" is different than on the QNE form sumit is first - tried that first: .......

<form name="mailmyform_form" method="post" action="http://www.mailmyform.com/submit/" enctype="multipart/form-data" id="mailmyform_form">

......TRIED THE NEXT LINE BOTH WAYS.........
<input type="hidden" name="mailmyform_username" value="donh">
<input="" type="hidden" name="mailmyform_username" id="mailmyform_username" value="donh"/>>

<div id="wb_comments1Text1" style="position:absolute;left:10px;top:15px;width:169px;height:20px;text-align:left;z-index:0;border:0px #c0c0c0 solid;overflow-y:hidden;background-color:transparent;">
<div style="font-family:arial;font-size:13px;color:#000000;">
<div style="text-align:left"><strong>Name:</strong></div>
</div>
</div>
<input type="text" id="comments1Editbox1" style="position:absolute;left:184px;top:15px;width:198px;height:23px;line-height:23px;z-index:1;" name="name" value="">
<div id="wb_comments1Text2" style="position:absolute;left:10px;top:45px;width:169px;height:20px;text-align:left;z-index:2;border:0px #c0c0c0 solid;overflow-y:hidden;background-color:transparent;">
<div style="text-align:left"><strong>Email:</strong></div>
</div>
</div>
<input type="text" id="comments1Editbox2" style="position:absolute;left:184px;top:45px;width:198px;height:23px;line-height:23px;z-index:3;" name="email" value="">
<div id="wb_comments1Text3" style="position:absolute;left:10px;top:75px;width:169px;height:20px;text-align:left;z-index:4;border:0px #c0c0c0 solid;overflow-y:hidden;background-color:transparent;">
<div style="text-align:left"><strong>Quick opinion</strong></div>
</div>
</div>
<select name="comments1Combobox1" size="1" id="comments1Combobox1" style="position:absolute;left:184px;top:75px;width:198px;height:23px;z-index:5;">
</select>
<div id="wb_comments1Text4" style="position:absolute;left:10px;top:105px;width:169px;height:20px;text-align:left;z-index:6;border:0px #c0c0c0 solid;overflow-y:hidden;background-color:transparent;">
<div style="text-align:left"><strong>Who are you?</strong></div>
</div>
</div>
<select name="comments1Combobox2" size="1" id="comments1Combobox2" style="position:absolute;left:184px;top:105px;width:198px;height:23px;z-index:7;">
</select>
<div id="wb_comments1Text5" style="position:absolute;left:10px;top:135px;width:169px;height:20px;text-align:left;z-index:8;border:0px #c0c0c0 solid;overflow-y:hidden;background-color:transparent;">
<div style="text-align:left"><strong>Question or Brief Comment</strong></div>
</div>
</div>
<textarea name="comments1TextArea1" id="comments1TextArea1" style="position:absolute;left:184px;top:135px;width:198px;height:98px;z-index:9;" rows="1" cols="1"></textarea>
<input type="submit" id="comments1Button1" name="" value="Submit" style="position:absolute;left:184px;top:240px;width:96px;height:25px;z-index:10;">
</form>
</div>
</html>
Thanks
Don

Pablo
Site Admin

Re: wavebroadband and opera

Post by Pablo » Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:11 am

No, websites should work like in any other browser.

I do not have any experience with 'mailmyforms', but you can add hidden fields in the 'Hidden fields' property of the form.
The 'action' can be set in the 'action' property.
Since you are using an external form processor, make sure you do not enable the built-in form processor.

DonHill

Post by DonHill » Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:40 pm

My conclusion is that wavecable does not support php.

Pablo
Site Admin

Post by Pablo » Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:52 pm

If you use an external form processor then your host does not need to support PHP. In that case the form will be processed by another server.

DonHill

Post by DonHill » Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:30 pm

support wrote:
No, websites should work like in any other browser.

I do not have any experience with 'mailmyforms', but you can add hidden fields in the 'Hidden fields' property of the form.
The 'action' can be set in the 'action' property.
Since you are using an external form processor, make sure you do not enable the built-in form processor.
Built in processor was properly set in all cases. Hidden fields were necessary and properly used. Action property was tried in both QNE and MMf formats. By the way: does it matter where submit is located? QNE is different from MMF. Tried both.
I tried the QNE form wizard and entered the correct info into inspector. Didn't work.
I used mmf instructions - didn't work.
I built my own forms with both instruction sets -didnt work.
When I publish to my desktop the forms appear ok but do not work.
I signed up with google but couldn't register the wavecable website for recaptcha. They do not like the domain.
http://home.wavecable.com/~LdD.http://w ... on_cry.gif
I am of the opinion that domain format is the problem with all the above.

Pablo
Site Admin

Post by Pablo » Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:51 pm

I think you are mixing up a few things.

When you use an external form processor (like mailmyform) then you should not enable the built-in form processor.
Also recaptcha will not work with an external form processor, because the script has to be on the same server.

Steps for using an third party form processor:
- build your form
- do not enable the built-in form processor
- add required hidden fields (see the documentation of the third party form processor)
- set the action to the URL of the third party form processor

If the form does not work then either your settings are wrong or there is something form with your mailmyform account.

DonHill

Post by DonHill » Sun Apr 05, 2015 5:19 pm

I set all parameters correctly then tried incorrect ones.

I dropped the free web site of wavecable. They designed it in the early 2000's and dropped support long ago. The help desk doesn't even know they offer it. Tried two free sites online. After 120+ hours I did not have a web sit. :evil: Finally tried 000webhost.com and had a working site in 1 hour. QNE PHP worked! :P The pages & instructions at 000webhost are plain and simple and work. 8)
Mailmyforms did not work. The instructions are vague and incomplete. :roll: No support. No refund. :cry:

I set up a google account but recaptcha still wouldn't work. I had to learn by trial and error where to put the scripts in QNE using google examples of code. Google's instructions start out clear but the final steps tell you what to do but not where. It was all good that afternoon.

I can sign in to mailmyforms and it says I am active. But a hidden contact page prompted saying I am not upgraded although I paid for it. They are not responding to PayPal. They make no promises of assistance but when they take the money and don't deliver that is fraud.

I use Mint, so I loaded my site to W8.1 and checked for viruses. Came out good. :D

Pablo
Site Admin

Post by Pablo » Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:26 pm

How is this all related to my Quick 'n Easy Web Builder?
If an external script does not work then that is not the software fault, right?