Form validation problems

Issues related to forms.
betwixt

Form validation problems

Post by betwixt » Mon Sep 05, 2016 3:39 pm

Using Version 4.1.2 and Firefox 48 as the viewer although my mobile browser confirms the same:

I can not get the forms validation to work. I have tried HTML5 and default (Javascript) methods and all the entry fields have some kind of validation restriction on them. The form is accepted without question even if fields are left blank or have incorrect information typed in to them. They all have "Data Required" checked. The form uses the in-built forms processor and it does create and send an email with the form data included in it, only the validation function seems 'dead'. I'm obviously missing something but I can't see what it is! The files "wb.validation.min.js" and "wb.validation.css" are uploaded to the server.

The unfinished web site is at www.nwnwa.org.uk . It's bi-lingual, click on the English worded logo then the bottom links to reach the forms.

I also see something that might be a bug in the forms processor: With a form selected, in the properties inspector under "Form Processor" there is field called "Message". Anything typed in to the window it opens is included in the form response but all new lines are replaced with the character 'n'. Maybe this should be "\n"?

Brian.

Pablo
Site Admin

Re: Form validation problems

Post by Pablo » Mon Sep 05, 2016 5:12 pm

The problem is in your validation settings for field 'Co_En_Name'. The expression is incorrect and this causes a JavaScript error which stops all other scripts too.
You can see the error in your browser's debugger (F12)
Anything typed in to the window it opens is included in the form response but all new lines are replaced with the character 'n'. Maybe this should be "\n"?
It seems to be working correct for me.