layout grid site

All Quick 'n Easy Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
chen

layout grid site

Post by chen » Mon Jul 04, 2016 2:25 am

How can I create a multipage site using layout grid with the same heading in every page (as with master page).
do you have a tutorial or basic suggestion?

Thanks in advance

Pablo
Site Admin

Re: layout grid site

Post by Pablo » Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:22 am

Master pages can only be part of 'fixed' layout. For example as part of a page header.
See the FAQ:
http://www.quickandeasywebbuilder.com/f ... 10&t=43910

chen

Post by chen » Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:50 am

Yes, I know meter pages are for fixed layout... the how I made a site let me say 5 pages site with the same header (no header in every page) so I modify the header and change in every page... is there a way?

Pablo
Site Admin

Post by Pablo » Mon Jul 04, 2016 8:25 pm

This functionality is currently not implemented. It is planned for a future update. This requires some time to implement.

chen

Post by chen » Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:09 pm

Im buiding responsive sites using frameworks. But I know that I have a lot of funcionality inside QWB the Im testing how I can do this. Until now Im happy.

I created header.php that contains layout grid with logos an text that I want as part of the header
I created a footer.php that contains layout grid.

I created index.php and other page facials.php. both of them with layout grid.....

Here is the thing:

I go to the HTML of the index.php and do:
after the <body> Iinserted <?php include('header.php'); ?>
before the </body> I inserted <?php include('footer.php'); ?>

I did this in the other page too (facials.php) and when I modify the header or the footer it changes in both pages.

Then I solved my problem until you come with a good implementation

Thanks a lot.

cellomangler

Post by cellomangler » Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:20 pm

chen wrote:I go to the HTML of the index.php and do:
after the <body> Iinserted <?php include('header.php'); ?>
before the </body> I inserted <?php include('footer.php'); ?>
Thanks for the tip ! I had forgotten about this method and I too had problems trying to implement any sort of master page or iFrame solution to incorporate the same menu across multiple pages of a grid based responsive site.
Note... the syntax that worked for me was:
<?php include './menuphp.php';?>
where you would replace
menuphp.php
with the name of the page that has a menu containing your grid. "php" does not have to be in the name, just assign the page that extension under the page properties and QnE will automatically add that extension. This is also a great way to add content that you may have created outside of QnE. Just store that content in your publish/upload folder.
On the page to be included, I used a standard floating grid - not a header - and made it a single column and put the menu inside that grid. In page properties, I turned off auto page size and turned on use 100% of page width.
All pages must have the php extension, as you mentioned.
On the pages where I want the menu to show up, I insert a floating grid with one column and put an HTML object in there (no divs in settings) and then put that include statement inside the HTML.
I put a header grid object above that just as a spacer. I'll post a link to my work around as soon as it is public.
-cheers
PS: Notice with this solution that I am nesting one grid inside another. One level of nesting is allowed.