program lockup?

All Quick 'n Easy Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
tubenirvana

program lockup?

Post by tubenirvana » Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:41 pm

I just downloaded the trial version for MAC.
When I try to 'install' a navigation bar, I click on the navigation bar icon on the left, then click it onto the web page, I can see the navigation bar for a split second, then it disappears, and the program locks up for about a minute or so. Same happens when I try to install any other 'functions' onto the web page. Am I missing something?, thanks.

Pablo
Site Admin

Re: program lockup?

Post by Pablo » Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:30 pm

There are no known issues with latest version of the software.
Did you download the software from the official website?
http://www.quickandeasywebbuilder.com/download.html

tubenirvana

Post by tubenirvana » Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:00 am

you bet, I sure did. In fact, I had that window open all day, program is still locked up!
I may re install it if I can, might not let me re install the trial version.....

tubenirvana

Post by tubenirvana » Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:04 am

well, I am also running Windows 10 in Parallels Desktop, so I installed the Windows version...same issue!?!.....I am at a loss for now....

Pablo
Site Admin

Post by Pablo » Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:06 am

So you are running the software on two different system and it 'locks up'?
And you did not use any hacks or other unofficial patches?
I have never heard about this behavior before.

Can you please described exactly what you mean by 'locked 'up'?
What do you see on your screen?

tubenirvana

Post by tubenirvana » Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:54 am

Yes, no hacks, just downloaded from the official site.
I start off with a new blank page and click on continue with trial version. I do nothing else but click on any 'function' on the left side, say, Navigation Bar, then move the mouse pointer over into the main window and click again. I briefly see the Navigation Bar, about a second or so, it then disappears, and from that point on, I cannot select any other function from the left side.

Raoul

Post by Raoul » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:09 am

Can confirm this behavior here with newest version (not trial). I think it is the intend to select the tool and then "drag" it to working area or select it and in the working area drag a rectangle - if you do just a click it locks up until you for example do something like right click on the working area and select all and then unselect (do something on the working area)
Funny, if this happens and if you select an object on the working area (click on it) it then sticks to the mouse... there is something weird.

Raoul

Pablo
Site Admin

Post by Pablo » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:49 am

Can confirm this behavior here with newest version (not trial). I think it is the intend to select the tool and then "drag" it to working area or select it and in the working area drag a rectangle
Correct, you will need to 'draw a box' to indicate where the new object will be placed. This behavior has not changed compared to previous versions.
Or you can also use drag & drop from the toolbox to the workspace. This is documented in the manual.

tubenirvana

Post by tubenirvana » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:43 pm

ah...OK, that works now, thanks for the advice!
BTW...who reads manuals?? :mrgreen:

Raoul

Post by Raoul » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:44 pm

... is there an intention to stop this behavior? I have sometimes run into this and had to seek first a long time to get it off... it's just one "false" click away

Pablo
Site Admin

Post by Pablo » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:51 pm

I was not able to reproduce this behavior so that make it difficult for me to do somthig about it.
And as far as I know you can always escape from insert mode with the 'Esc' button.

Raoul

Post by Raoul » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:52 am

start qnewb - click on a tool in the toolbox - now click on the working area.... then it lockes up until f.e. esc (here newest qnewb, mac osx sierra)

it is not a big problem, but the first few times this "accidently" happend, it took a long time for me to figure out what causes this lockup and how do I esc(ape)... ;-)

Raoul

Pablo
Site Admin

Post by Pablo » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:04 am

start qnewb - click on a tool in the toolbox - now click on the working area.... then it lockes up until f.e. esc (here newest qnewb, mac osx sierra)
This is not a 'lockup'. This is intended behavior, the software is waiting for your input.
Either 'draw a box' to insert the object or press the 'Esc' button (on your keyboard) to escape from insert mode.

Raoul

Post by Raoul » Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:00 am

well for me it feels like a lockup. If this happens you neither can drag a tool on the canvas nor you can select a tool again or do anything else - until you press esc (and for that, I had first searched and done a lot - I did not realize that it was that faulty "click" and thought a long time the program has stopped working, ending in force quit the app, and so...) - so if someone does this faulty click he certainly may think that the app is locked up...

Pablo
Site Admin

Post by Pablo » Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:12 am

What do you think I should do to improve this functionality?