Graphic inside a table cell

All Quick 'n Easy Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Brian

Graphic inside a table cell

Post by Brian » Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:14 pm

I've got a table on my site and I'd like to add a graphic next to the text in a few of the cells. I have the text left-aligned and beside this I'd like to add a small right-aligned graphic. Currently I've just dropped the graphic on the cell beside the text, but I'm sure that this will not render correctly in different browsers.
I've tried adding the small graphic as a background image to a cell, right-aligned and central height, but this doesn't align correctly with the left-aligned text.
Suggestions from anyone?
This is a site that I made a while ago using a different web editing programme and I'm trying to recreate & update it in Q and E.

Pablo
Site Admin

Re: Graphic inside a table cell

Post by Pablo » Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:16 pm

Tables cells can only contain text. But you should be able to use background images in the cells.

BlackDalek

Post by BlackDalek » Sat Sep 13, 2014 6:49 am

I also am trying to figure out a way to get an image inside a table.

In my situation I need to have several image links aligned in columns across the page, with text centred above each image. I made a table with 2 rows, put the text in the top row of cells, then that is when I hit a brick wall and could not work out how to get my image links into the bottom row of cells.

Is there an alternative way to get the layout I need without resorting to tables?

Pablo
Site Admin

Post by Pablo » Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:02 am

Table were not design for layouts.
Table layouts are very unreliable (not pixel perfect) and will never look the same in all browsers.

You can align images and text using the standard alignment tool there is no need for tables to do that.