Google Maps no pin

All Quick 'n Easy Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Torialou

Google Maps no pin

Post by Torialou » Sun May 31, 2015 4:16 pm

Hi

I have worked out how to place the map and put in the latitude etc of the map, its showing up the right area when I preview the map, however there is no pin drop for the exact location. Is there a way of showing this that I am missing?

Regards
Vicky

Pablo
Site Admin

Re: Google Maps no pin

Post by Pablo » Sun May 31, 2015 5:39 pm

I'm sorry I cannot give support on extensions created by others. Extensions are provided "AS IS".

Torialou

Post by Torialou » Sun May 31, 2015 6:46 pm

Thats not very helpful is it now? Not asking you to re code something just asking if its in their settings. If the answer is that you do not know that is different but if you do know that is highly un helpful as an official support page. I mean I help strangers in the street if I know something.

Only asking if I am spending hours looking for something that the extension may not do.

If the company allows an extension then you should have a basic knowledge of where help pages are at minimum

Torialou

Post by Torialou » Sun May 31, 2015 6:48 pm

also why do you have an extension questions section if no one can answer a basic question on an extension? without being rude thats a bit like having a bus stop where no bus runs :cry:

Pablo
Site Admin

Post by Pablo » Sun May 31, 2015 8:14 pm

I'm sorry, I did not created this extension, so I do not know how it works.
If the company allows an extension then you should have a basic knowledge of where help pages are at minimum
I allowed the extension because I thought it might be useful for some users. Other users have appreciated it.
A PDF document is included with the extension (googlemaps.pdf).
also why do you have an extension questions section if no one can answer a basic question on an extension?
You are right. I will remove the section from the forum. Unfortunately I cannot give support on code I did not create.

Brian

Post by Brian » Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:52 am

Pablo, please don't remove this section of the forum.
Forum comments are not just between User & Support but also User to User.
The OP message is less than 48 hours old and another user may soon come along who has successfully used the Google Maps extension.
In this case, if the pdf provided with the extension does not help, perhaps a Google search for Google Maps Help may provide a solution.
Brian