Presentation and a... bug

All Quick 'n Easy Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
psaldari

Presentation and a... bug

Post by psaldari » Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:45 pm

Hello forum, my name is Paolo and I am Italian.
I bought some days ago a license for Quick'n Easy Web Builder 5 and I try to learn it.

I found a bug:
1) In 5.1.2 Mac version go to full screen
2) insert a CSS menu (but it works with all of the "Toolbox" items)
3) in the "Property Inspector" open "Items" menu
4) select a button name and click on "Edit..." the "Edit Menu Item" window is not on top. If you switch to the Mac desktop and you return on QEWB now the "Edit Menu Item" is correctly on top.

My system: MacOS El Capitan (10.11.6)

Cheers
Paolo

Pablo
Site Admin

Re: Presentation and a... bug

Post by Pablo » Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:03 pm

It seems to work correct for me. I also never heard about this behavior before from other users. This functionality is unchanged since version 1.0
Maybe you have third party software running on your computer which moves it to the background? Like a popup/ad killer?

psaldari

Post by psaldari » Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:41 pm

Hi Pablo, thanks for your reply.
No, I don't have software like a popup/ad killer and I see this problem only in QEWB. No problems with other programs in full screen.

Paolo

Pablo
Site Admin

Post by Pablo » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:59 pm

Do you have another computer to try it on so we can be sure this is not an issue of your computer only?
Or maybe you did not describe the exact steps to reproduce the behavior?

Raoul

Post by Raoul » Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:38 am

Can't confirm this behavior here - Mac OS 10.12 / QnewB 5.12 - the edit menu stays on top...

psaldari

Post by psaldari » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:59 pm

Hi all,
I have close all the applications, all the applications in background, I have repaired the system permissions, restart the computer, test with a fresh new user but the problem persist.

My system is:
Mac Pro 2008 2 x 2,8 GHz quad core - 6 GB Ram - ATI Radeon HD 5770 1024 MB - MacOS 10.11.6 - Apple trackpad

Step by step:
- open QEWB
- click on green top left button and go to full screen
- drag from the "Toolbox" the "CSS menu" on the canvas
- on the "Property Inspector" go to the "Miscellaneous" section and click on "Items"
- on the "Menu Items" window select "Button 1" and click on "Edit..."
- the "Edit Menu Item" window is behind the "Menu Items" window
- on my trackpad four fingers on left (return on the desktop)- four fingers on right (return on QEWB)
- the "Edit Menu Item" window now is in front of the "Menu Items" window

you can view a screen recording here (sorry for the low quality):
https://youtu.be/fLaNaYMd2nk

Paolo

Pablo
Site Admin

Post by Pablo » Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:12 pm

I'm sorry but I am unable to reproduce this behavior. I have tested it on 3 different macs.

an you please try it on another computer so we can be sure this is not an issue with your computer only?

Raoul

Post by Raoul » Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:57 am

Hi Paolo,

as I said here on MacOSX 10.12 and QnewB 5.1.2 I can't reproduce your "behavior" / fault.

Only thing I see is that if I chose "Button1" and click "edit" for the first time the Textbox "Button1" is marked 2 times (with the blue line around). I will say that this field gets focus and a half second later it get's focus again. This only happens after a fresh start of QnewB and on the first edit selection of say button1... after this, this "behavior" is gone. Maybe this causes on your computer loosing focus on edit window?

regards

Raoul

psaldari

Post by psaldari » Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:06 am

@Pablo: no, unfortunately I don't have a different computer to test this behavior. If there is another test that I can do, let me know.

@Raul: mmm... maybe. This is a focus problem for sure and I don't know if this is a 10.11.x related problem and on 10.12.x the problem are gone... (I can't install the 10.12.x OS system on this Mac - to old)

(I have also test to disconnect the trackpad and use a normal mouse to see if it is a trackpad related problem, but nothing change)