Strange Galleria Issue? Content exploding.

All Quick 'n Easy Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
MagosDomina

Strange Galleria Issue? Content exploding.

Post by MagosDomina » Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:22 pm

On my page here: http://www.magosdomina.com/Level_design ... e_art.html

Everything looks and functions as it should. But if I try to add anymore images beyond 10 the entire gallery explodes. It changes in size and will not let me resize it, also even with my modified CSS to make the background transparent it adds large blank space between the main image on display and the smaller preview versions on the bottom. I've tried to make several modifications and each has let to the same result. Why is the Galleria acting this way and not letting me resize it in the editor? I cannot find in the CSS file or HTML where the Y size of the gallery is coded.

In the editor it should appear as 834;630. But when you add images beyond 10 it explodes to 843;840 and will not let me resize it back. This makes no sense because the GALLERIA script should not change when you simply add more images to the gallery.

Any ideas whats going on?

Pablo
Site Admin

Re: Strange Galleria Issue? Content exploding.

Post by Pablo » Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:11 am

First please note that Galleria is a third party script so I do not have any control over how it works.
However I am not aware of any issues with this script otherwise I would not have included it.
To be able to help you I need to know exactly what you have done. This means I need to know your settings and the exact steps to reproduce this behavior.

MagosDomina

Post by MagosDomina » Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:37 pm

I'm going to upload a version of the page with the issues above, and send you the.qwb file if necessary. But before I do any of that I'm going to recreate the page from scratch step by step to rule out it is something I did.

is it normal behavior for the Galleria to change in size within the editor when you add more images to the gallery?

Pablo
Site Admin

Post by Pablo » Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:05 pm

No, the galleria script does not have control over the workspace or the size of objects. The script will only be activate in the published page.
The (intial) size within the editor if only affected by the size of the images you add.

MagosDomina

Post by MagosDomina » Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:47 am

Unless I can find out where the code which handles the size of the Galleria is I have no idea what is going on. :(

Here is what happens when you add more pictures:
http://www.magosdomina.com/Bugged_Galleria.html

I tried to resize it the best I could to have it fit within the confines of my template. But see how it adds gaps which are not there before and the actual image gallery is smaller than before? After you go beyond 10 images in the editor it expands the image gallery content vertically which translates over to the published page.

The regular version of the gallery without the gaps or issues above for comparison:
http://www.magosdomina.com/Level_design ... e_art.html

Pablo
Site Admin

Post by Pablo » Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:01 am

Here is what happens when you add more pictures:
http://www.magosdomina.com/Bugged_Galleria.html
It seems to work correct. What exactly do I need to do to see the problem?
Maybe the issus only exists on your computer? For example, because you have plugins installed in your browser that affect the page layout?

mexman

Post by mexman » Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:07 pm

Hi Magos:
I can't see a problem either (Firefox, Chromium, Opera)!
Regards
Michael

michling

Post by michling » Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:10 pm

Hi Magos,

I don't see a problem either (Safari 11)
Just my .02¢