Page navigation problem

All Quick 'n Easy Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
WDDT

Page navigation problem

Post by WDDT »

Hi!
I have a problem moving the cursor from one field to another on an in-house form I'm working on. When the TAB key is pressed, the cursor ends up in the address bar of the browser rather than the next field on the form.

To explain: I needed to put a comment box on the form and found this post:
http://www.quickandeasywebbuilder.com/f ... ox#p212355

so I added these lines of html:

<div>
<textarea id="commentbx" name="commentbx"
rows="10" cols="100" maxlength="500"
wrap="hard">
</textarea>
</div>

The problem is, when the curor leaves the box, it ends up in the address bar of the browser, rather than the "Merchandise Amount" field. Any suggestions would be a big help. Thanks in advance, Bill
PS here is a link to the project in a folder in my Dropbox:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/kjtb4ce2l58q8 ... .html?dl=0
Pablo
Site Admin

Re: Page navigation problem

Post by Pablo »

Why didn't you use the built-in text area object?
Then you can set the tab-index of the form elements with Menu->Arrange->Set tab order

The download link does not seem to go to a (qwb) project file, but rather a HTML file.
WDDT

Post by WDDT »

Sorry, Pablo -- I started with the built-in text area object, like all the other fields on the form. The problems with it were :

1. When typing in the box, instead of starting top left of the box like a standard text field, the text started in the middle of the box, centered vertically,
2. Hitting the "Enter" key did nothing -- no hard return -- making it impossible to enter separate lines. Even Shift-Enter didn't work (which usually does in places where "Enter" results in submitting the item in question.),
3. I had the exact same problem with hitting Tab to move on -- instead of ending up at the next field, I ended up at the address bar.

Thank you for your help -- here is a link to the QWB file.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vsx0zt57yemja ... 4.qwb?dl=0
Pablo
Site Admin

Post by Pablo »

The built-in Text Area is the same as the one you have added via custom code. It is standard HTML functionality.
The only difference is that there is an extra attribute in your code

Code: Select all

wrap="hard"
You can add this yourself via Object HTML->Inside Tag (of the text area).

To control the tab behavior you can use the 'tabindex' property.

Note that I cannot assist you with custom code.
WDDT

Post by WDDT »

Hi again -- I've replaced the custom code with your text area and it seems to work fine with carriage returns. I have one final question, though-- hitting "Tab" in the text area still redirects the cursor to the address bar in the browser. Is there any way to direct the cursor to the box with Tab Position 1 (the "Merchandise Amount" field at the top of the form) instead of off the page entirely? (As I said, this is an in-house form and there is no reason to use the address bar.)
Thanks again!
Bill
mexman

Post by mexman »

Hi Bill,
ist 'tabindex' not working for you? I tried to do so and it works fine here (QnEWB 6.02, Ubuntu 18.04)
The TAB positkon does not matter, just the Tab index!

Regards
Michael
QnEWB V6.x - Ubuntu 18.04
Pablo
Site Admin

Post by Pablo »

You will need to make sure all tab-index value have useful values.
Currently, the values are not in sequence.
WDDT

Post by WDDT »

Thank you, Michael and Pablo. You were correct, Pablo, the Tab Index value in the Order Summary field was 22 and it should have been 21. I have fixed that. Hitting the Tab key when you are in Order Summary still brings you to the address bar, though, not back to field #1. If there's no way to change this navigation, I will just submit it as is and tell people to hit the Tab (twice in Chrome, once if they're using Opera, the other available browser) if they need to go back to the beginning. But at the moment, the tab sequence is correct and works.
Again, thank you for your help and the great product!
Bill
Pablo
Site Admin

Post by Pablo »

Hitting the Tab key when you are in Order Summary still brings you to the address bar, though, not back to field #1.
If this is the last input field then this is probably is default browser behavior.

Note that this is not specific to Quick 'n Easy Web Builder, this is standard HTML functionality.
WDDT

Post by WDDT »

Great -- thanks again!