News Writer. Working with links and images.

All Quick 'n Easy Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
sbrantes

News Writer. Working with links and images.

Post by sbrantes »

News Writer. There seems to be a bug in addressing URLs in links when uploading a news item. The resulting URL has unnecessary% 22 characters. This determines that the destination URL can not be opened.
I'm not sure but I think we should correct something here:

else
    if ($ action == 'save')
    {
       $ text = get_magic_quotes_gpc ()? trim ($ _ POST ['text']): addslashes (trim ($ _ POST ['text']));
       $ text = str_replace ("\\\ '", "'", $ text);
       if ($ index> = 0 && $ index <$ count)
       {
          $ news [$ index] = $ text;
       }

An address error also appears with the images. Once the url of the image is copied and inserted in its insert menu, they are seen in the preview but disappear after save. When checking the resulting url it contains substitutions.
An example page is:
http://www.socheg.org/CursosyCongresos.html
The password is 1234news
Best regards and thanks in advance
Pablo
Site Admin

Re: News Writer. Working with links and images.

Post by Pablo »

Unfortunately I cannot give support on extensions.
News writer uses a third party script over which I have no control.
This extension was created a long time ago for my personal use and I decided to share it in case someone else find it useful, it provided "AS IS".
mexman

Post by mexman »

Hi Sbantes:

You are completely right. I am testing NewsWriter also as I had been using it before.
Actually the implementation to QnEWB is faulty because there are unnecessary characters attached as you found out.
I guess @Pablo should remove it fro the Extension list, it will only cause more complaints!

I guess the extension was built for an old PHP version which is outdated now.
I did not get any answer from the developer though and seems it was not developed since >10 years!
You might check https://www.opensourcecms.com/ for free open source CMS, even you would need to implement it in QnEWB on your own!

Regards
Michael
QnEWB V6.x - Ubuntu 18.04
sbrantes

Post by sbrantes »

I agree mexman
Many thanks