Object List Alphabetical

All Quick 'n Easy Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
DoctorWeb

Object List Alphabetical

Post by DoctorWeb »

Is there any way i can make the Objects List into alphabetical order? I have some large multi-object pages, and it would make life much easier trying to find objects if they were in alphabetical order.

I use a 27inch iMac, but the listing still appears very small and gives me eye strain peering at it for long. If thgere is some way to make it zoom in to find stuff, that would also help

Many thanks
mexman

Re: Object List Alphabetical

Post by mexman »

Hi DoctorWb,

it does not make any sense to have an alphabetical order in the Object Manager.

The order in the object manager defines the Z-Order/Level of the object. You can try in any of your projects... order alphabetically and very probably the page will look completely different!

Building a page even it is very normal to modify the Z-Order..... so what would be your suggestion... QnEWB changing the object's name?

I don't know how YOU define your screen view. I am using generally TOOLBOX and OBJECT MANAGER on the left screen side. After some progress in the project, I will disable the TOOLBOX because most objects are on screen already. So for the fine tuning, the complete left screen height is used for the Object Manager.
IMHO zooming in makes everything even less visible... the items are shown with about 2 digits and if you zoom in, most information gets lost.

Regards
Michael
QnEWB V6.x - Ubuntu 18.04
Pablo
Site Admin

Re: Object List Alphabetical

Post by Pablo »

I'm sorry, it is not possible to display the objection in alphabetical order.
Like mexman explained, the order defines the z-order of the object on the page.

The size of the text should be the same as all other text in other applications. This is system wide setting, not controlled by the software.