form submission

All Quick 'n Easy Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
reinecath

form submission

Post by reinecath »

I've read the documentation on forms, but have run into a problem. I started out creating a new page and inserted a form area. As a test I have an editbox and a submit button. I've configured the form processor to upload the form data to a directory on the server. The upload directory is in the same directory as the form.html. The group is set to www-data and the permissions to rw for both the form.html and the upload directory. But, when I try to submit the form (after publishing) by clicking the submit button, a Bluefish code editor pops up. Not sure why or what I'm supposed to do with the code. Please advise.
reinecath

Re: form submission

Post by reinecath »

I just tried configuring the form processor to send the form data to a csv file (rw permissions for www-data group) and published the revised form. Still getting a launch of Bluefish code editor when submit button is clicked.
Pablo
Site Admin

Post by Pablo »

Maybe your webhost does not support PHP?
reinecath

Post by reinecath »

Yes, it supports php. Php 7.4 is installed. There's no issues with other php functions or pages.
Pablo
Site Admin

Post by Pablo »

What is the URL of the page?
What are your exact settings?
What does the generated PHP code does looks like?
reinecath

Post by reinecath »

The form is just a simple test one. You can see what happens in this screen cast: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1A1qcl3 ... sp=sharing
Pablo
Site Admin

Post by Pablo »

the page extension should be set to 'PHP'
also, PHP pages cannot be viewed locally. The page must be published to a web server otherwise the script will not be processed.

Related FAQ:
https://www.quickandeasywebbuilder.com/ ... 10&t=32967