Black Country Pub

You can use this section of the forum to show your website created with Quick 'n Easy Web Builder to other users and invite feedback.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE YOU POST or your post may be deleted!

This forum is for users to display their websites created with Quick 'n Easy Web Builder.

Please do not:
1) Ask any Quick 'n Easy Web Builder help or support related questions here.
2) Promote your website on somebody elses thread.
3) Start more than one thread about your site.
4) Say anything negative or mean about somebody's site. Constructive criticism is great and encouraged, but being deliberately nasty will not be tolerated.
5) Post any site that is not created with Quick 'n Easy Web Builder.
Infidal

Black Country Pub

Post by Infidal » Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:46 am

Here's a pub web site i did for a local landlord using Q&E

http://www.saltwellsinn.co.uk

Comments,good or bad, welcome :)

mexman

Re: Black Country Pub

Post by mexman » Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:37 am

Hi Infidal:

1. Chech the space around your texts so the frame will not cut the text.
Texts are shown differently in different browser, so better too big space than too narrow
e.g. in my browser in the text "12pm until 3pm" the "p" are cut by the frame

2. Extreme high loading time.
The top foto has 300kb but requires to have only aprox. 30kb (see below).
QnEWB has great features for image handling, but I recommend processing the foto in an image processor to have FULL control!

3. The top image will mostrly not change. But it will load again in every new page.
Maybe that will not be so annoying anymore after reducing the size..... I know how to do that in HTML, but not yet how to do it in QnEWB ;-)

regards
Michael
Last edited by mexman on Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Infidal

Post by Infidal » Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:36 am

Hi Mexman

Thanks for the feedback, it's appreciated my friend.
I will look into your recommendations and alter my site accordingly :)

mexman

Post by mexman » Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:24 pm

Hi Infidal,

generally your site really makes me like to stay there..... but please check the following (design) issues:

1. Your FAVICON is not nice to view......check it in 16x16.....make it simpler
2. Your start page is nice.....sopme mixing of round-edge text boxes with straight text an pictures...bu I feel comfortable. Somehow gives me an "old-newspaper"-feeling.
3. You like to use bevelled fotos (-> Accomodation) .....I dont. I prefer shaded (http://wai-kikiroughwaterswimhistory.com/directors.html)
4. -> Restaurant: Give the photos a bit more space around (like -> Accomodation). Be carefull mixing oval shape and rectangular fotos. Maybe you try round edge like the text boxes.
5. -> HISTORY..... this is a modern design and the round edge text box in the middle does not fit (I say....."eye cancer")
6. -> Attractions + Links: As well modern streamline. I like that, but it does not combine. Then ATTRACTIONS is left-right oriented, title underscore, LINKS is centered, title w/o underscore.

The point is IMHO to find a kind of CI (corporate identity) to stick on except haveing a good reason to do so.
In my opinion you should keem the style fot the main page and sraighten up all the rest in a more modern, straight style.
This is a personal opinion.
But very objectivly you should keep styles (text appearance, text font and size, foto appearance, colors...) between the pages.

regards
Michael

Infidal

Post by Infidal » Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:35 am

Again, thank you for taking the time to comment on my site. Also i hope your comments have given others a little insite into layout ect :)

MagosDomina

Post by MagosDomina » Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:33 am

I am not sure if the green leaf background is the best choice. Overall the website is decent but the pictures do look a bit scattered about. Also the restaurant menu buttons are very low resolution and hard to read.