From version 3 to version 6

All Quick 'n Easy Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
alderfall

From version 3 to version 6

Post by alderfall »

Hello folks!

Welp, I'm hooked. I purchased version 3 several years ago and used it rarely, only recently really beginning to work with it. And, let me tell you, I found myself really loving it. So much so that I decided to buy version 6, which I did via the App Store recently. One problem... When I open a version 3 project in version 6, I get image errors. And, when I re-establish those image links in version 6, I try to save the project and get the following error log:

15:59:05: can't open file '/Users/jasonrandolph/Library/Containers/com.pablosoftwaresolutions.quickandeasywebbuilder3/Data/Documents/SWORA Test 1/SWORAGuidelines.pdf' (error 1: Operation not permitted)
15:59:05: can't open file '/Users/jasonrandolph/Library/Containers/com.pablosoftwaresolutions.quickandeasywebbuilder3/Data/Documents/SWORA Test 1/swora_link_vhf_map2.pdf' (error 1: Operation not permitted)
15:59:05: can't open file '/Users/jasonrandolph/Library/Containers/com.pablosoftwaresolutions.quickandeasywebbuilder3/Data/Documents/SWORA Test 1/W7OC Repeaters 062018.jpeg' (error 1: Operation not permitted)
15:59:05: can't open file '/Users/jasonrandolph/Library/Containers/com.pablosoftwaresolutions.quickandeasywebbuilder3/Data/Documents/SWORA Test 1/SWORANews2018.pdf' (error 1: Operation not permitted)
15:59:05: can't open file '/Users/jasonrandolph/Library/Containers/com.pablosoftwaresolutions.quickandeasywebbuilder3/Data/Documents/SWORA Test 1/SWORAGuidelines.pdf' (error 1: Operation not permitted)
15:59:05: can't open file '/Users/jasonrandolph/Library/Containers/com.pablosoftwaresolutions.quickandeasywebbuilder3/Data/Documents/SWORA Test 1/swora_link_vhf_map2.pdf' (error 1: Operation not permitted)
15:59:05: can't open file '/Users/jasonrandolph/Library/Containers/com.pablosoftwaresolutions.quickandeasywebbuilder3/Data/Documents/SWORA Test 1/W7OC Repeaters 062018.jpeg' (error 1: Operation not permitted)
15:59:05: can't open file '/Users/jasonrandolph/Library/Containers/com.pablosoftwaresolutions.quickandeasywebbuilder3/Data/Documents/SWORA Test 1/SWORANews2018.pdf' (error 1: Operation not permitted)

What can I do to make this all work properly? What am I doing wrong here? I looked through the manual but did not find anything about this kind of scenario, nor did a form search readily provide guidance. I appreciate the assistance! Thanks folks, keep up the good work!

A
QnEWB V3.x - MacOS 10.13.6
QnEWB V6.x - MacOS 10.13.6
alderfall

Re: From version 3 to version 6

Post by alderfall »

By the way, in case my signature line is not clear, I am using MacOS 10.13.6...

Thanks again!

A
Pablo
Site Admin

Post by Pablo »

The error indicates that the application does not have permission to access the files.
The App Store version is sandboxed, which means that it does not have access to your entire mac. The application can only access the folder you have configured as 'sandbox' folder.
So you will need to copy your files (project + images) to that folder.

See also:
http://www.quickandeasywebbuilder.com/f ... 10&t=41941
alderfall

Post by alderfall »

Hello Pablo! Thanks for this information... It seems that I have tried to do as you suggested, copying folders around, trying to change the "sandbox" folder in preferences and am getting the same error log. I will try again this evening, and let you know.

Thanks again, I'll keep you in the loop...
alderfall

Post by alderfall »

Hello Pablo... I got this accomplished but only by relinking all of the files I had linked to in my website. Obviously, this sandboxed idea is not a good one, really. I am wondering how I can avoid this for the next update? I save all of my projects in a folder called /User/Documents/Web Projects 6. If I do another update, and I set the sandbox folder to this documents folder I currently use (as version 6 is set to now), will it actually work without me having to repair web project coding?

Thanks for the clarification, looking forward to giving version 6 its due opportunity! Have a good day there sir...

A
Pablo
Site Admin

Post by Pablo »

Obviously, this sandboxed idea is not a good one, really.
I agree, but unfortunately this is only way Apple allows apps to work in the App Store.
I am wondering how I can avoid this for the next update?
The version that is available on this website does not have this limitation
See also:
http://www.quickandeasywebbuilder.com/f ... 10&t=41941
If I do another update, and I set the sandbox folder to this documents folder I currently use (as version 6 is set to now), will it actually work without me having to repair web project coding?
Yes, if the application has permission to access the folder.
alderfall

Post by alderfall »

Thank you again Pablo! I might contact you via the form, but your assistance and guidance has been really appreciated.

Have a wonderful evening!

A