Bulk editing and additions to the Photo Gallery

All Quick 'n Easy Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
ships158

Bulk editing and additions to the Photo Gallery

Post by ships158 »

I am a relatively new user of QWB. I have built some sites to do simple things and, after some learning curve, I can make it work. But, of course, there are some things that I need help with. I am keeping a list of things that will eventually like to fix but for now my biggest problem is in using the Photo Gallery.

I am using QWB to make a hobby site for which I am not paid, not a professional web site. My biggest use is to display stamp collections for which the Image toolbox items are ideal. Here is part of one site to illustrate my use.

http://www.toomanyhobbies.org/topics

Under the menu "Topicals" are four galleries. Each was made using the Photo Gallery tool in the Toolbox. I create a page with the Gallery and all properties that I want. When I insert the Photo Gallery, the Tool asks for the images to add to the Gallery. I add the images I want, all at one time, and format the Gallery as I wish using the Property Inspector. I then have a Gallery as you see in the above url. Adding or removing one or a few images in the Gallery is no problem. The problem comes about when I want to add a substantial number of images or I want to make a new gallery.

I have not figured out how to bulk add new images to the gallery except one at a time which is all the editor allows me to do. If I want to make a new Gallery, I cannot simply delete all the images and then bulk add new images. I have to start from scratch which is very cumbersome, time-consuming and error prone. When I open the Gallery Image editor, a box appears that says to select one or more images but I cannot select anything other than one image. I have also tried using the Assett Manager but no sucess there either.

What I want to do is to make a clone or Master Page of one of the Galleries that has all the properties that I want. Then replace all the images with 20-50 new images. Thus far, the only way I have found how to do this is to make the Gallery in any one of several HTML editors and then simply link to that external Gallery. That works but I want to do everything from within QWB.

Am I asking for somethig that is not possible or do I simply not know how to bulk add images?

Sorry for being so verbose.

Thanks and stay safe.
Pablo
Site Admin

Re: Bulk editing and additions to the Photo Gallery

Post by Pablo »

To insert multiple images to the gallery:
- double click the gallery to open the image properties
- hold down the 'SHIFT' key
- click the 'Add' button.

This works for all galleries and slideshows
ships158

Post by ships158 »

Thanks for the clarification. That is just the opposite of what I am used to doing.

Now I need to know how to REMOVE and MOVE multiple images within a Gallery. How is that done? Using the shift or any other key before or after selection of the file does not work for me.

Thanks for your help.
Pablo
Site Admin

Post by Pablo »

Sorry, there is currenlty no way to (re)move multiple items at once.
You will have to select them one by one.