Transparent Images

All Quick 'n Easy Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
DoctorWeb

Transparent Images

Post by DoctorWeb »

Im trying to make a couple of images transparent (in particular, just make their white background transparent). what I need to do is overlay part of one image, over the top of part of another image.
Is there anything hidden away in the Property Inspector box that would do this?
Or other suggestions?
(doing this in the retro version 7 - I cant get v8 qwb files to work on my iMac)
Thanks
Pablo
Site Admin

Re: Transparent Images

Post by Pablo »

To make an image transparent you will need to use an image editor. There are no options in HTML to make the background transparent.

Note that version 8 should also work on your Mac. if it doesn't start then this is most like because Gatekeeper blocks it.
DoctorWeb

Post by DoctorWeb »

So simply making an image's background transparent, and putting it up as a png (and not jpg) will do the trick? I shall try that. Thanks

As for version 8, Ive stripped it out and put it back. Still comes up with the window fixed to top left corner of screen dn it wont move.
As for this mythical 'Gatekeeper' I've not heard of that. I cant find anything on my iMac with that name, or with the word gatekeeper used in it.
Is the QneWB v8 incompatible with OS10.13 High Sierra, and only works on the latest Mac OS?
Pablo
Site Admin

Post by Pablo »

Only png files can have a transparent background.
The software will publish the image "AS IS", so if you make background transparent in an image editor then it will also be transparent on your website.
As for version 8, Ive stripped it out and put it back. Still comes up with the window fixed to top left corner of screen dn it wont move.
Please see my previous suggestion:
https://www.quickandeasywebbuilder.com/ ... nt_Options

Gatekeeper is a standard feature of your Mac:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gatekeeper_(macOS)
Is the QneWB v8 incompatible with OS10.13 High Sierra, and only works on the latest Mac OS?
QneWB v8 is compatible with macOS 10.13 and newer.